Item posted by Sergey Poznyakoff
GNU tar 1.24 is available for download. Main changes in this release:
- The --full-time option.
- More reliable directory traversal when creating archives
- --dereference consistency.
- Extracts symlink attributes, such as last-modified time and link permissions, if the operating system supports this.
- Fixed spurious error diagnostics on broken pipe.
- Fixed --remove-files bug (previous version would fail to remove a directory which contained symlinks to another files within that directory).
- Allows to use --label together with --update.
- The options --record-size and --tape-length (-L) accept size suffixes.
- Fixed dead loop on extracting existing symlinks with the -k option.